Donut Balls or Donut Holes is the easiest homemade donut holes that takes only 20 mins to make.are small, bite-sized donuts that were traditionally made from the dough taken from the center of ring donuts. There is no yeast in the recipe. Mix the batter, deep-fry, roll with sugar and eat!
Donut Balls it is easy from-scratch, no yeast these homemade donuts can be mixed up and fried in minutes!
How to make Donut Balls
- 2 cups all-purpose flour , (I always use unbleached)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , use less for a less-sweet donut hole
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg , optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk , I use whole
- 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- oil for frying, (canola, peanut, or vegetable are good choices)
- Line a large baking sheet with a few layers of paper towels then top with a wire cooling rack. Set aside.
- Pour oil into heavy bottomed pan (dutch ovens or deep cast iron pans are fabulous for frying), until oil is about 2 inches deep. Heat over MED heat until oil comes up to 350 F degrees. Adjust heat level as needed to maintain the 350 degree temperature.
- While oil is heating, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together for a few seconds with a wooden spoon. Add melted butter and stir until mixture forms a thick batter.
Once oil has reached 350 F degrees, use a cookie scoop to scoop up batter and drop them into the hot oil. Be careful when dropping the batter, do it from just above the oil so you minimize splashing! Hot oil is no joke and it hurts like crazy if you get burnt!
Add about 8 donut holes to the oil in one batch, and fry about 2 minutes per side. Remove fried donuts to prepared cooling rack/baking sheet.
To order, Kindly contact Myra’s Bakeshop Hotline
or Visit our Facebook Page: facebook.com/Myras-Bakeshop