The milky sweet filling of these Buko Roll makes them so tasty and flavorful. These milky buns are wonderful warm treats to fill you up anytime!
One bite and you’re instantly introduced to the creamy goodness that awaits inside each bun. The coconut cream filling is white and thick–but it doesn’t drip! It’s not sticky nor is it overwhelmingly sweet. But it’s taste is so inviting that you just want to have another piece!
Here is what you need to do in making Buko Roll:
- In a small bowl, mix milk with water. Add sugar, yeast, and butter. Stir until yeast is dissolved and set aside for 10 minutes or until yeast has foamed up a bit.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Use the lower amount of flour to start with and add more only if the dough is really too sticky.
- Add yeast mixture to flour and mix.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. (I use a hand mixer with a kneading attachment.).
- Place in greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Oil your hands and shape the dough into rolls and place in a well-greased pan. I use 2 round non-stick cake pans.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise another 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let these cool down before you remove them from the pan or they will likely tear.
NUTRITION INFO of eating Buko Roll
Serving Size: 1 (915) g
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories from Fat 33 g 23 %
Total Fat 3.8 g 5 %
Saturated Fat 2.2 g 11 %
Cholesterol 9.8 mg 3 %
Sodium 179.4 mg 7 %
Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
Sugars 2.4 g 9 %
Protein 3.7 g 7 %
To order, kindly visit our Facebook Page
or contact us Myra’s Bakeshop Hotline